MARC THOMAS KALLWEIT PHOTOGRAPHY EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
My passion for photography began at a young age while growing up at my parent’s camera shop, Pardee’s Cameras in Sacramento CA. I started off selling used 35mm cameras, gradually learning the fundamentals of photography from my father and brother and ultimately became a well-rounded sales consultant. Pardee’s Cameras established itself as a leading photography supply company serving Northern California and served as a major influence in my development as a photographer. In 2021, I diversify my time between photography & video production, my San Francisco Bay Yacht Charter Company, vintage camera sales, music writing and production.
PHOTOGRAPHY JOBS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
PARDEE’S CAMERAS, Sacramento CA. Manfred Kallweit (father). Family owned since 1977. 1987-1999 & 2003-2005. Retail: Inventory management and sales consultant all things photographic, cameras, lenses lighting equipment, films, accessories. BUY-SELL-TRADE: used and collectibles. Darkroom printer. Pardee’s Cameras marketing photography.
Photographer ANNIE LEIBOVITZ, New York City 1999-2000. Kara Glynn, studio manager. Part time employment, internship, No. 5 Assistant photographer: Editorial portraiture. Helped finish production on Annie’s book: WOMEN. Worked on set during shoots for VANITY FAIR, HARPER’S BAZAAR, & VOGUE magazines. Studio and camera maintenance, photo shoot equipment break-down and transportation. Annie’s cappuccino runner.
FOTOCARE New York City 1999-2000. Jeff Hirsch, owner. Retail: Professional photography equipment sales and consultation. (Sinar Bron, Profoto, Leica, Nikon, Canon, Contax 645, Mamiya, Arca Swiss, Foba, Phase One, Kodak/Fuji Professional)
DRIVE IN STUDIOS, New York City 2000-2001. (Full time employment. Kimberly Woods Slayton: owner. Ted Harrison: studio manager). Studio maintenance, set building/photo shoot logistics, professional photo equipment rentals: ProFoto lighting systems (2400 Watt Second generators), HMI Lighting, medium and large format camera systems. Cafe barista. Worked in conjunction with Sunset Studios, MILK Studios, etc.
Photographer MICHAEL O’NEILL New York City, 2001. Internship/Assistant photographer: fashion, beauty, editorial portraiture.
Photographer CHRISTOPHER MICAUD New York City, 2001. No. 2 and 3 freelance assistant photographers. Fashion/beauty photography: Victoria’s Secret, Saks 5th, Bloomingdales.
Photographer WILLIAM ABRANOWICZ, New York City, 2001. No. 1-2 freelance assistant photographer. Editorial architecture/interior photography.
Photographer PATRICK DEMARCHELIER, New York City, 2001. No. 4 assistant photographer. Fashion editorial for Harper’s Bazaar
Photographer NORMAN JEAN ROY, New York City, 2002. No. 3 assistant photographer. Editorial portraiture, Vanity Fair Magazine
Photographer DANIELLE LEVITT, New York City, 2002-03. No. 1 assistant photographer: Editorial portraiture, Details Magazine
Photographer STEPHEN DANELIAN, New York City, 2002. No. 2 assistant photographer: Editorial portraiture, The Sopranos for TV Guide, U.S. Postal Service, Vanity Fair.
Photographer FRANK FORTIS, New York City 2003. No. 3 Assistant photographer. Commercial catalog photography for Company Store (Location set photography in Pennsylvania and Connecticut).
Photographer MICHAEL GRIMM, New York City 2002-’03. No. 1 Assistant photographer: Architecture photography, commercial/catalog, fashion. 4×5 format.
I undertook digital transition training seminars by Seth Resnick and Jamie Spritzer.
D-65 workshops, New York City, 2004, 2006, 2008
MARC’S PROFESSIONAL FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER CAREER AND CLIENT LIST:
MARC THOMAS KALLWEIT, freelance photographer, videographer, 2004-current
Foto Kallweit Multimedia & Design, 2021. Foto Kallweit since 1919.
GENRE AND SERVICES: Editorial, Commercial, Portraiture, Corporate, Event, Lifestyle, Fine-Art: Architecture • Interior • Portraiture: Editorial, Location, Environmental, Large-group, Official State legislative, Legislative panoramic chamber portraiture • Musicians/bands • Movie set b-roll • Event • Mobile capture/ processing and print stations • Travel/Lifestyle • Videography/directing • Music Video • Drone • Action/sports • Food and Drink • Marine • Automotive • Still life: Apparel, Product • Fashion/Beauty • Weddings/Engagement • Assignment photography proposals and contracts • location Scouting/photo shoot logistics • Custom ink-jet printing • Specializing in client/customer service and relations.
- SACTOWN MAGAZINE 2007-2019. Editorial photography, Rob and Elyssa Turner, owners/editors in chief. Mobile capture and instant magazine cover processing and print stations (Bastille Day events, 2013-18)
- SACRAMENTO MAGAZINE 2016-2017. Editorial photography, portraiture.
- COMSTOCK’S MAGAZINE Sacramento 2005-07. Editorial photography.
- SENSES MAGAZINE Sacramento, CA. Fashion photography 2004-07.
- PROSPER MAGAZINE Sacramento, CA. 2005-07. Editorial photography
- NO BRAINER FILMS (Jamie Foxx and Deon Taylor) Los Angeles, CA. 2008-14. Movie set behind the scenes photography, portraiture, advertising.
- THE PHOTOSOURCE Sacramento, CA. 2004-2014. Artwork reproduction photography
- WELLS FARGO, Sacramento, CA. 2007-2016. Event photography, mobile capture and print stations.
- HIGHLANDER FILMS Los Angeles/Sacramento CA. 2005-2013 (Len McLeod: founder). Movie, animation sound studio production b-roll and marketing portraiture.
- INTEL Folsom CA. 2015. Corporate Advertising photography
- PARAGARY RESTAURANT GROUP Sacramento CA. 2005-2008. Marketing/website content. Food/drink and interior photography.
- CACHE CREEK CASINO Brooks, CA. 2014-17. Advertising/marketing, “Destination” Magazine Cover photography
- WESTFIELD GALLERIA AT ROSEVILLE, CA. 2008-2018. Corporate event, marketing, portraiture
- WALT DISNEY CO. Los Angeles CA. 2009. Marketing/interior photography, Disney Store at Westfield Galleria.
- CALIFORNIA STATE SENATE 2005-current. Official panoramic chamber portrait photographer
- CALIFORNIA STATE ASSEMBLY 2005-current. Post-election CA legislative official portrait photographer, official panoramic chamber portrait photographer.
- NEVADA STATE ASSEMBLY Carson City, NV. 2016-current. Official panoramic chamber portrait photographer.
- SACRAMENTO REPUBLIC F.C. 2014-17. Advertising/marketing and sports photography
- GREATER SACRAMENTO ECONOMIC COUNCIL 2014-19. Corporate location portraiture
- RUSS SOLOMON Founder of Tower Records, Sacramento, CA. Photo consultation, wedding photography, family portrait photography.
- CALIFORNIA CORRECTIONAL PEACE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION Sacramento CA 2005-2011. Photography, Videography and editing.
- CAPITAL PUBLIC RADIO Sacramento, CA. 2017. Corporate portrait photography
- BETH RUYAK MEDIA Sacramento. CA. 2008-current. Event, portrait photography
- CBA SITE SERVICES Sacramento CA. 2008-2020 Corporate event photography. Portraiture
- SACRAMENTO CROCKER ART MUSEUM 2014 Event, capture and instant print station photography for Neo Crocker Event.
- THE TRENCHLESS COMPANY Sacramento, CA. 2015-current. Max Greenberg (owner). Location marketing/advertising photography. Website content.
- DORFMAN-PACIFIC Stockton CA. 2016. Commercial product photography: headwear/ hats. Part time seasonal
- CA DEMOCRATIC PARTY Sacramento, CA. 2016 Portraiture
- INK MAGAZINE 2016 One time editorial contribution, NBA center Willie Cauley-Stein
- ELEKTRA/FUELED BY RAMEN RECORDS Los Angeles, CA. 2014-15. Commercial, band/album photography. Sublime with Rome, “Yours Truly” album.
- SUBLIME WITH ROME MUSIC Los Angeles, CA. 2014-15. Commercial, band/album photography
- BRASSWOOD ESTATES Sonoma Valley, CA. 2017-19. Marcus Marquez (GM). Event, commercial/marketing photography. Location studio, event/portrait photography
- KATRINA WAN PUBLIC RELATIONS New York City, Los Angeles CA, 2018-current. Red carpet house photographer, event photography.
- SONNY MAYUGBA Entrepreneur, Sacramento CA. 2005-current. Startup web site content, Portrait photography.
- DIEPENBROCK CHAPMAN INVESTMENT GROUP Sacramento, CA. 2005-current. Location corporate portraiture, website content
- PARK THE VAN RECORDS Sacramento, CA. 2005-current (Christoper Watson). Music video, band photography.
- SACRAMENTO COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL 2017-current. Marketing, web site content. Senior class portraiture, event photography.
MARC HAS BEEN NATIONALLY PUBLISHED IN THE NEW YORK TIMES, INKED MAGAZINE, FORBES, INK MAGAZINE, and THE FADER MAGAZINE (online).
KALLWEIT PHOTOGRAPHY CONSULTATION AND PRIVATE TEACHING SERVICES:
Analog and digital photography, capture, natural and artificial lighting, studio and location photography, strobes/HMI, color temperature, editing/post-production/software, data archiving, copyright protection/registration, business, assignment photography proposals & estimates. Philosophy of photography, where we are at in the digital age.
• CONSUMNES RIVER COLLEGE PHOTOGRAPHY PROGRAM, 2015 Guest speaker for Jim West
MARC KALLWEIT PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITIONS:
- 2004, The Photosource, Sacramento CA
- 2007, Old Soul Coffee Co. Midtown Sacramento CA.
- 2010, Old Soul Coffee Co. Midtown Sacramento CA (Faces in Sacramento Music)
- 2012, The Urban Hive in Midtown Sacramento CA (Exhibitor and Speaker)
- 2018, The Trade Coffee and Co-working in midtown Sacramento, CA (Location portraiture featuring midtown Sacramento business owners).
“Marc Kallweit is an extraordinary photographer. He is the consummate professional and has been a real pleasure to work with in the California State Assembly. I have known Marc since 2005 when he first started a partnership with us to coordinate photo shoots for the eighty Members of the California Assembly. Marc’s ability to meet the needs of some of the most influential elected officials in the state, demonstrated that he had the combination of skills that are essential for delivering a quality product.”
-DOTSON WILSON Chief Clerk and Parliamentarian California State Assembly (1992-2019)
CONTESSA II, SAN FRANCISCO BAY YACHT CHARTER (owner). Sausalito CA. 2018-current. Contessa II: 1987 “Jefferson” 45.2 foot, 15 foot beam, (SunDeck) twin engine pleasure yacht. 36 gross tons. Intensive yacht restoration, maritime training, pleasure to commercial charter boat conversion. Self work on haul out, bottom cleaning and paint. Corporate and private yacht tours on the SF Bay featuring live music and photography.
BENJAMIN FARGEN and MARC KALLWEIT VIDEO PRODUCTION, DESIGN AND MARKETING
Established April 2021.
MUSIC PRODUCTION AND CONCERT PROMOTIONS 1990-current
Musician, guitar, bass player, song writer/contributor, recording artist, live music promotions.
MARC’S KAMERA HAUS Sales of vintage cameras, lenses and accessories.
SACRAMENTO | SAN FRANCISCO | NEW YORK